About the Nurses
Phone: Matherville (309) 754-8244 and Jr/Sr High (309) 593-2175
I have been a school nurse in the Sherrard School District since the 1999-2000 school year. I graduated from Des Moines Area Community College with an ADN degree and a BS degree from Faith Baptist Bible College. Prior nursing experience includes working as a registered nurse on a medical-surgical floor and pediatric floor at Mercy Hospital in Des Moines, IA. I received school nurse certification through the University of Illinois in Chicago.
Dr. Joycelyn Elders (15th Surgeon General of the U.S.A.) sums up my philosophy of the importance of school nurses when she stated, "You can't educate people if they're not healthy and you certainly can't keep them healthy if they're not educated."
- I travel between Matherville Intermediate and the Jr/Sr High Schools. Feel free to contact me by phone or by email. My schedule is:
- Mon. Wed. Fri - Jr/Sr High - 7:10AM to 2:40PM
- Tues. Thurs - Jr/Sr High - 7:10AM to 10:10AM and Matherville 10:40AM to 2:40PM
Phone: Sherrard (309) 593-2917 and Winola (309) 596-2114
Hello! My name is Mrs. Kelly Fratzke. I am very excited to be part of Sherrard School District. I started in the district in 2016. I graduated from Black Hawk College with an ADN Degree. My first R.N. position was at Unity Point in Rock Island on the post-op/medical-surgical floor. After that, I decided to work for a group of Physicians in Moline at Medical Arts Associates.
- I travel between Sherrard and Winola Elementary Schools. Feel free to contact me by phone or by email. My schedule is:
- Mon. Wed. at Winola from 7:30AM to 4:00PM
- Tues. Thurs at Sherrard from 7:30AM to 4:00PM
- Friday's, I alternate between the two buildings from 7:30AM to 4:00PM